- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- November 18, 2015
Nutlike chewy flavour of barley mixed with potato and mint turns into a delicious snack. This soup/porridge ingredient acts as binding agent and replaces all other gluten flours for making the patty.
The stated quantity of ingredients here can give you approximately 12 pieces.
- Boil barley until it is just done and retains its crunchiness. I used pressure cooker and left it for 4 whistles.
- Boil 1 big potato until it can be mashed easily, for around 3 whistles in pressure cooker.
- Pat them dry. Grind rinsed mint leaves and half of barley in a mixer to a paste. No extra water is needed to do it.
- Mix the mashed potato and mint-barley paste well.
- Add rest of the barley,required salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, amchur, turmeric, corn flour,coriander leaves.
- There should not be extra water added at any point so that it is easy to make patties.
- Make round shaped patties. Heat tawa and spread around 2 spoons for oil to make 4 tikkis.
- Leave it for 1-2 minutes and turn the tikkis. Keep it in simmer till tikki is completely done.
- Tikki can be checked if the paste does not ooze out when slightly pressed on top of the patty.