- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- October 7, 2018
This is a refreshing Vegan Pineapple based soup with simple ingredients,quick to make,fusion of Asian style of soup predominantly Thai,Indian and Cambodian styles. It is good for cold and cough, maintaining a healthy diet- no cream,no bad fat. This is a good food for toddlers too especially to recover from flu.
- Take a pressure cooker. Add 1 tblspn of coconut oil and 1 cup of water.
- Add a layer of 1 roughly chopped onion,1 chopped tomatoes,2 inch crushed ginger.
- Add layer 2 of cleaned and chopped mushrooms.
- Layer 3 of diced pineapple pieces roughly 50g,adjust as per taste. Would need at least 5-6 pieces for good flavour.
- Sprinkle salt all over and cook in high (in induction stove, it will be 800-1000 W) for 4 whistles.
- After pressure settles, grind everything except mushrooms and pineapple.
- Mix everything and add 3/4 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Do not boil,but heat it in simmer. Adjust salt and pepper powder. Add some coriander leaves.
Healthy and yummy pineapple soup can be served warm.
- You can also add lime juice at the end after cooking is done.
- Add 1 split green chilli or fresh red chilli for extra hotness.