- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- March 3, 2016
A combination of darkest and lightest coloured food always makes a good treat to eyes as well as taste. Black grapes and ripe red banana blended with milk makes a very healthy smoothie. Very quick to make and kids will love too. For making it a bit heavy snack, I toasted(dry toast) milk bread along with it and was a fulfilling one.
- Wash 7-8 black grapes. Remove seeds(if seeded variety) and add it to the blender.
- Cut smaller pieces of a ripe red banana.
- Add a cup of milk and blend it to smoothie. Adjust milk as needed.
- Add honey after checking the taste. Since all 3 elements have natural sweetness, you can avoid it too.
- Dry toast milk breads as needed and top it.
- Have the smoothie along with some bread pieces.
- You can also have this smoothie alone as a dessert.
This smoothie is rich in Iron,potassium and good for digestion. But yes, having these fruits eaten raw have much more benefits than as a smoothie. Anyways, we always need a variation right!!
- It is served as quick energy drink. You can also add some corn flakes, oat flakes,nuts or honey almonds and have it for breakfast.
- Strict vegans can also try with almond milk or soy milk. Yoghurt will also be a nice option.