- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- November 15, 2017
Making a Rasmalai at home is easy apart from the time consuming Paneer based patties. This recipe turns it simple by using just breads instead of the patties. The taste of Rabdi and softness of the bread will definitely make you forget this replacement. Kids will love this dish and this matches the restaurant-style taste. Being a lactating mom, I preferred consuming milk in various forms which includes goodness of nuts too.
- Soak 8-10 cashews,3-4 badams/almonds for half an hour in warm water.
- Peel the skin of Badam.
- After that, grind them into a smooth paste with bit of water.Should be a medium thick paste.
- Soak 10 strands of saffron in a 3 tspn of warm milk for at least 20 min.
- Vertically slice few badams,pista and cashew for garnish.
- Take a heavy bottom vessel.
- Pour 600 ml low/medium fat milk and let it boil once.
- Simmer the stove and add 200g of condensed milk into it.
- Add the nuts paste and turmeric.
- Keep stirring by increasing the flame a bit.After it raises to boiling stage, simmer again.
- Continue this process for around 15 min.
- This method is done to get the thick cream for the Ras.
- Scrape the layer of cream formed on the sides of vessel every time you boil and simmer.
- Around 5-6 times of slow boil and simmer helps you get milk cream.
- After 15 min, add the saffron dipped warm milk and let the colour mixes in.
- Add cardamom powder too.
- Toss badam,pista and cashew in a dash of ghee till slight brown and add it.
- Keep stirring for 5 more minutes and your Rabdi is ready.
- Take a bread loaf and cut it to around shape with a sharp edged, round metal bowl.
Arrange the bread pieces in the bowl and pour Rabdi on top of it. This process should be done while serving as bread sunken for long turns too soggy.
- Be careful not to burn the bottom of the vessel. If you do not require a very thick Ras, you can quicken the process by 5 minutes, not more than that.
- Nuts quantity is adjustable as per taste.
- No extra sugar needs to be added other than condensed milk.
- If you use high fat milk instead of condensed milk, you can use boil and simmer method some more time to get the thickness.Add sugar accordingly at the final stage.White sugar can be replaced with palm sugar or brown sugar.