- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- April 29, 2016
I have named it a brown smoothie. It predominantly has brown ingredients along with flax seeds. It is a wholesome breakfast or an evening drink loaded with vitamins and minerals. Choco flavour enhances the taste too.
- Deseed and soak 4 dates for 5 minutes.
- Grind 1 tblspn of flax seeds into nice powder.
- Add 2-3 Chikoo(Sapota) fruits,1 red banana,dates and 1 tblspn of flax powder.
- Add 1.5 cup of milk, 1 tspn cocoa powder (or cacao powder for the purest form).
- Grind it smoothly. Add honey if you need extra sweetness.
- Adjust milk as per the required thickness.
Flax seeds powder can be added upto 1.5 tblspn. It gives a nutty flavour and improve health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and helps reduce cholestrol,improves digestion and diabetes. Thus the smoothie best suits for all age groups.
- If needed,you can avoid chocolate too, it tastes well without it.
- Honey is also not needed mostly because all the fruits added have sweetness on its own.