- Preparation time
- 2 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- December 26, 2015
Kohi Zeri is an easy dessert from Japan. Of course, South Indians are coffee lovers. This recipe goes with a slight twist by adding chocolate while making jelly. Too quick to make, even on a lazy day and good to be preserved for few more days. But I am sure, that can be finished within minutes.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1.5 tspn of instant coffee powder. Let it get reduced to 3/4th of the amount.
- Add one generous piece of dark chocolate bar and simmer a little.
- Once that is completely dissolved, add 2-3 spoons sugar as per taste.
- Let it get dissolved completely. Now add 1 tblspn of Agar agar powder or 1/4th the palm of Agar agar strands(some 5 pieces).
- This should get dissolved completely and becomes a little thicker within 3-4 minutes.
- It’s done. Once cooled down to room temperature, pour it in a mould and allow it to set for 2-3 hours.
- It can be refrigerated until it is completely set and made into pieces.
Now this looks like a soft dark chocolate…..You can have this with cold coffee or plain milk.
- You can have the jelly along with whipped cream also.
- Dark chocolate can be replaced with cocoa powder and sugar combination as required.