- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- February 4, 2021
Coriander curry leaf chutney- kothamalli karuveppilai chutney is a healthy dip good for all types dosa,idli,upma,rice and what not. It is a mix of the traditional coriander coconut chutney and karuveppilai thuvaiyal.
- Add 2 tblspn of gingelly oil/nallennai in a kadai and add an inch of compounded asafoetida (katti perungayam).
- After it turns light brown and crispy, reduce heat and add 2 tblspn of whole urad dal.
- Now add 1 onion and 1 inch of ginger. Let it soften.
- Switch off the stove and add 1 split green chilli, equal parts of coriander and curry leaf washed. Also add a small piece of tamarind.
- Let them cool completely. In a mixer, add 5-7 coconut pieces or 1/4-1/2 cup of grated coconut as preferred.
- Dry grind it well ,in case of adding pieces. Then add the chutney mix and dry grind it. Add needed salt.
- Now add 1/2 cup water slowly and grind smoothly. Add some more water if you like chutney to be thinner.
- You can have as such or add spluttered mustard and split urad dal.
Enjoy this healthy green chutney with tiffin of your choice .
- Using 8-10 small onions instead of big onion gives a very nice flavour.
- You can adjust spice level as needed. Dry red chillies also works well.
- You can also add 3-4 garlic cloves too.