- Preparation time
- 2 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- December 7, 2018
Corn Potage is a delicious simple Japanese soup liked by all age groups. It is basically made up of a stock,milk,corn,onion and flour. This version has some Indian and Italian twists for enhanced flavours. This can be given to kids for the enjoyable palate and also good for weight gain keeping their tummy full for long.
- Add 1 tspn butter in a pan, add 1/2 cup of sweet corn,grated cheese from 1/4 cube (I used Amul) and 1/4 cup of chopped onions.
- Toss till it gets softened well which takes around 3-5 minutes. You can even brown it a bit.
- Cool and grind it well in blender. You can add 1/4 cup of water.
- Add a cup of milk,1.5 tspn of corn flour to the puree and mix well.
- Reheat again in the pan with a low flame for 5 min.
- Keep stirring without lumps. Add required salt,pepper powder,turmeric powder (for colour and goodness),mixed herbs and let it thicken for 3-5 more min until it turns creamy.
- Finally, strain the soup with a bigger mesh as the soup is thick and we need only the corn skin to be removed for a smooth consistency.
- Adjust the thickness as needed by adding warm water later.
Super delicious and creamy Corn soup can be served warm. Check out the suggestions below for other variations.
- For babies under 1 year, you can avoid cheese/salt and corn flour. Corn flour can be replaced with potatoes. Cow's Milk can also be replaced with cashew milk.
- You can very well avoid cheese. Potato can replace corn flour, 1 big cooked potato for the flour. All purpose flour can also be used however I avoid its usage to a greater extent in my cooking.
- This soup can be used as a pasta sauce instead of plain white sauce.