- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Main course
- Posted on
- January 22, 2016
Pasta is one of my favourite continental dishes and you get a lot of vegetarian variations. Red,white,green sauces can be made very easily at home. This recipe is a mix of green and white sauces. Pesto sauce is usually made with basil and pine nuts. Here is a variation made with Spinach and walnuts. Since I wanted to use less cheese, I preferred to mix some white sauce to get a creamier taste to the green sauce.You can use Sphagetti and Penne pastas.
- Remove stems and clean the entire spinach bunch. Use 3/4 part of it for the sauce.
- Add 3 garlic cloves,walnuts,1 spoon butter and grind it to a smooth. Water is not needed mostly.
- Add olive oil,butter,toss garlic cloves,mushroom,chopped spinach leaves. Mix the sauce once mushroom and spinach are done.
- Stir the green sauce in simmer until the bitter taste subsides. Add salt and pepper powder.
- You can use either sphagetti or Penne pastas for this sauce. I used 1.5 cups of Sphagetti and 1.5 cups of Penne rigate (striped Penne).
- Boil pasta in water with required salt. Drain after it’s done but still stiff. Wash in cold water.
- Mix 2 tblspn corn flour with 1.5 cup milk and salt.No lumps to be created.
- Add pasta in green sauce and coat it uniformly. Adjust salt,pepper and mixed herbs as per taste.
- Since I made 2 varieties of pastas, I split sauce into 2 halves.
- Add half part of corn starch along with 3/4 cup of extra milk into pasta and pesto sauce mixture. It will thicken a little and turns creamy.
- Add 1/2 cube of grated Amul cheddar cheese. In case you use same variety of pasta, add 1-2 small cubes of cheese and add 3 cups of milk for 2 tblspn corn flour.
- Serve hot with some parsley leaves for garnishing.
- You can add few basil leaves along with spinach sauce for extra flavour.