- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- June 25, 2020
Eggless semolina muffin or sooji or Rava cupcake is a healthy snack for kids. This is a modified version of famous South Indian dessert Pineapple kesari. With healthy ingredients like nuts,minimal brown sugar and raisins, it can be a guilt free dessert for occasional sweet tooth. This recipe uses minimal semolina and corresponding supporting ingredients and makes a small batch for a quick family snack.
- Use fine sooji/semolina for this recipe. You can roughly sieve semolina 1/4 cup+2 tblspn and palm sugar/country sugar/jaggery powder/powdered brown sugar into a wide bowl.
- Check the sweetness and you can 1 or 2 more tblspn if needed.
- Add 1/4 cup curd,1/4 cup milk to it.
- Add 2 tblspn oil or melted unsalted butter. Any non flavoured oil is good. Mix very well so that sugar dissolves and oil mixes smoothly.
- Leave the batter aside for 15-20 min.
- Preheat microwave oven to 180 degrees in convection mode for 10 min.
- Add baking powder and baking soda.
- Add pineapple essence, 1/4 cup of mixed nuts powder-pista,cashew,badam of your choice to it. Give a uniform stir.
- Mix tutti frutti and chopped raisins to a tsp of flour and finally fold into the batter.
- The final batter is to be of pouring consistency. You can use 1-2 tblspn milk if needed tpo adjust it. This measurement was just right for me.
- Arrange the muffin moulds. I used silicon moulds. If you have metal moulds, grease it with oil or melted butter.
- This gave me 5 muffins. Depending on size of mould and quantity you fill, this maybe around 4-6 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 min in preheated oven. Depending on size of mould and oven, time maybe 15-30 min. Keep checking after 15 min. The toothpick should come out clean finally. Do not overbake, else the muffin loses moisture.
Serve after cooling the muffins down at lest for 5-10 min. It is better to have the cupcake within 1 or 2 days.
- Use country sugar or jaggery powder without much impurities
- You can add fine pineapple pieces or ghee fried apple pieces too.