- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 8 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- July 14, 2020
This recipe of Eggless whole wheat carrot cupcake or muffin gives you soft fluffy,moist cupcakes with the goodness of carrots and fragrance of spices. It is kids friendly and can be customized easily as per your taste, making an easy dessert within minutes. I usually avoid the usage of all purpose flour to the maximum and this is one such recipe which do not end up dense if you measure and bake it right. It can be a guilt free dessert on a cheat day for those who are keen on weight loss and body building.
This recipe gives around 6-8 muffins depending on the size of it.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk (room temperature),1 tsp of vinegar (or apple cider vinegar or lemon juice) in a cup, leave it aside for 5 minutes till it starts curdling well.
- Take 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder,1/2 tsp baking soda/eno fruit salt,a pinch of salt and sieve them well. I sieved twice as double sieving brings more air into the cake batter and helps in fluffy cakes.
- Grate 1 or 2 carrots to get 1/2 cup of grated carrots for the cake.
- Measure 1/2 cup of brown sugar (you can also use white suar or palm sugar) and powder it in mixer.
- After 5 min, add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil,1/2 tsp vanilla essence to the milk and mix it well using hand blender/folder. The oil should not be seen separately. You can also do a quick grind in mixie.
- Add the sieved dry ingredients and mix it uniformly and slowly. Check for sweetness and add some more sugar as needed. I did not use the complete powdered sugar and left over 1-2 tblspn of it.
- Use cut and fold method (a circular stir and a cut in the centre of the batter).
- Add grated carrots, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder,powder of 1 cardamom to the batter and mix it uniformly.
- Do not over mix them. The batter consistency should be easily pourable but not too runny. If not, add 1-2 tblspn of milk.
- Preheat Convection oven to 180 degrees Centigrade for around 10 min.
- Pour the cupcake batter in muffin cups. I used silicon cups. If using metal cups, grease it with melted butter or oil. Only 2/3rd should be filled at the maximum in each cup.
- Chop some walnuts and almonds, decorate on top of each cup. You can mix it in batter to skip this.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 min. Mine was just done in 18 min. Check once in 15 min and depending upon it, you can increase or decrease the timing. Ideally it should not take more than 20 min.
Soft and fluffy muffins are ready. Cool it for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.
- I love the flavour of cinammon and cardamom. If you do not want, you can skip cardamom and increase vanilla essence to 1 tspn. Cinnamon and carrots are however goes well. You can dry roast few inches of broken cinnamon, 2 or 3 cloves and powder it.
- Baking powder and baking soda should be 5gm and 2.5 gm respectively . My 1 cup is 120-125g approximately.