- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Main course
- Posted on
- June 5, 2016
Gado Gado is an Indonesian salad with peanut sauce dressing. The vegetables usually are boiled/steamed, here I used a version of roasted veggies. Of course that is your choice of vegetables and how you process it. Peanut sauce given here is more of a sweeter version.
- Roast 1 cup of peanuts,2 dry red chillies,5 garlic cloves and 2 tspn of coriander seeds for 1 min.
- After cooling it, grind these along with onion,2 tspn palm sugar, required salt into mildly coarse paste.
- Transfer it to a pan, add a cup of water. Let it blend for 2 min.
- Add bay leaf and let it get mixed well for 3 more min.
- Add 2 tblspn soya sauce and a cup of thick coconut milk.
- Check and add required salt. You can add 1 more spoon of soya sauce if needed.
- Leave it until you get a saucy consistency. Water can be added if you feel it is more thick.
- Fragrant peanut sauce is ready.
- Add a tspn of butter, roast Zucchinis for 2 min in a pan. Remove from heat.
- Add a tspn of butter, roast mushrooms for 3 min in quite high flame. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 spoon of oil, add spinach leaves and carrots. Stir fry until it is done.
- Toss all the vegetables with some salt.
- Add uncooked bean sprouts at last.
- I added some chilli flakes too.
- Finally add lime juice from half a lemon.
Pour peanut sauce on the veggies and enjoy a healthy bowl.
- You can use raw,steamed or boiled vegetables of your choice. This will be a completely low calorie food.
- Lemon grass,Pandan leaves can be added for more authentic flavour in sauce, if available afresh.
- Since I used dark soy sauce, I avoided tamarind juice for sour taste.