- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- January 3, 2017
Haemoglobin deficiency is a most prevalent among kids,women especially when pregnant. This is not caised just because of lack of iron but also need to improve other vitamins like Folic acid and Vitamin C (for absorption of iron food). This is a simple and balanced salad which includes food rich in all these.
- Steam 1 big beetroot,1 carrot and 1 bunch Broccoli for around 10 minutes until it is done.
- Add 1 tspn of olive oil, stir in the steamed veggies with salt,pepper and some mixed herbs.
- Slice the cucumber pieces (you can use one cucumber) and arrange in a plate.
- Prepare a simple dressing with lemon juice from one lemon, pinch of salt,pepper and 1 tspn olive oil.
- Pour this dressing on cucumber plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut one pomegranate, apple and dates.
- Grind a handful of mixed nuts like almonds,pista and Walnuts.
- Mix the nuts powder with fruits and add honey as needed.
Your hemoglobin salad bowl is ready. You can have this on alternative days of a week.
- It is initially tough to consume a bigger bowl. But due the ingredients, even a smaller portion of this preparation will be effective if consumed regularly.
- You can include Orange,tossed Palak/spinach,black raisins,oats,boiled channa or chickpeas along with this.