- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- January 18, 2016
Most of us love Chinese food for its taste and fast cooking process. Here is a simple hot and sour soup recipe with some green veggies and noodles. Home made soup is always good for health as we have control over usage of substances like ajinomoto,maida,etc.
- Make a coarse paste of onion. Toss it in oil with crushed ginger and chopped garlic pieces.
- Once the raw smell goes, add handful of chopped beans,chopped green chilli and green peas. Add 2 cups of water to it and let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
- After it is 3/4th done, add 3 spoons of tomato ketchup,1.5 spoons of soya sauce and stir it. At this point,remove chilli pieces from the soup base.
- After a minute, add noodles. Prepare corn starch with 2 spoons of corn flour and 1.5 cups of water.
- After noodles are just done and still in its firm shape, add corn starch to it and give a quick stir.
- Add salt,pepper powder and chilli flakes as per taste and switch off within 1-2 minutes. Do not boil soup after adding corn starch.
The soup is done and can also be served with garlic bread.
- Adjust water as per the thickness you prefer.
- You can add vegetables like carrot,cabbage,broccoli,spinach and also tofu.