- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- August 19, 2016
This one-cup soup is a low carb and full of nutrients,easy to prepare. It is a very good source of proteins and minerals,especially good for pregnant women and kids.Mexican ingredients used here are similar to our Indian food.
- Soak 1/4 of red kidney bean(rajma) overnight in water.
- Pressure cook them for 5-6 whistles the next day with a bit of salt.
- Strain and retain the water for soup.
- Add 1 tblspn olive oil,saute 5-6 garlic cloves and 3 ripe tomatoes.
- Stir until it is totally softened, cool it down.
- Grind tomato,garlic,1 cup of water and 4-5 pieces of kidney beans and make a smooth paste.
- Add this paste in a pan, 2 more cups of water, boiled kidney beans.
- Add required salt,red chilli powder and cumin powder(jeera).
- Sim the stove. Let it thicken for 15 minutes.
- Add 2-3 tblspn of dried oregano or mixed herbs.
- After 10 minutes, switch off the stove after getting required thickness.
- Add juice from 1 lemon and fresh coriander leaves.
Serve the soup warm. It has a taste of Oregano rasam 🙂
- This soup should not be so watery. So you can maintain the thickness almost similar to a gravy/sides curry.