- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Main course
- Posted on
- April 26, 2016
Pasta is one of the favourites among Italian dishes. Who does not love it with the white sauce (Alfredo)?? This recipe is restaurant style,easy and comparatively low calorie with no use of cream,high fat milk,etc. not compensating on the taste and flavour. This is the favourite among my family and friends.
The procedure can be divided into 3 parts- cooking vegetables, white sauce and pasta.
- Add 1 tspn butter,1 tspn olive oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and fry for 1 min.
- Add chopped carrots for 2-3 min until half done.
- Now add broccoli for 4 min. Once half done, add mushroom and simmer for 8-10 min until cooked and dry.
- Add required salt,pepper powder and mixed dry herbs seasoning.
- Meanwhile, boil water and add spaghetti (30-40 strands as per the quantity).
- You can take a bigger pan or break the pasta into equal halves.
- Add salt as per taste,around 1.5-2 tspn.
- Cook for 20 min or until pasta is cooked. It should be firm but not mushy.
- Drain the pasta and cool it down with cold water.
- If it takes time to mix it with sauce, drizzle some olive oil so it does not turn sticky.
- When both veggies and pasta gets cooked, take a bowl and add 4 tspn corn flour.
- Add 2 cups of low fat milk to it and whisk without forming lumps.
- Add 1 tspn salt to it.
- In a pan, add 1 tspn of butter and pour the sauce slowly.
- Simmer the stive completely to avoid lumps.
- Add one slice of cheddar cheese torn into smaller pieces.
- Let it liquify and the sauce gets bit thicker.
- Add 1 cup of water if needed to liquify.
- Keep stirring continuously until it turns more creamy but has a pouring consistency.
- Check salt,add pepper and 1 tspn of mixed herbs seasoning.
The final product:
- Immediately after the sauce started thickening, add vegetables and the pasta.
- Toss it till everything gets coated well.
- Adjust the salt,pepper powder and seasoning as needed.
Pasta Alfredo is done. Serve hot.
- You can add veggies like corn,bean,spinach,cauliflower,peas,fresh basil leaves too.
- You can avoid cheese for less fatty version but the white sauce should not have lumps and be a smooth paste.