- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- November 9, 2015
Refereshing Pannacotta made with coconut cream and pineapple flavour comes along with a contrasting topping. The procedure to make this is very simple and will definitely turn out to be a surprise dessert for parties @ home.
- Mix fresh cream and coconut cream in a pan, Simmer and stir till it just starts boiling.
- Add pineapple essence and 3/4 cup of sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves completely.
- Switch off the heat. Meanwhile, soak Gelatin granules in 2-3 spoons of cold water. If using China grass (or) Agar Agar, after it is softened completely (you can follow instructions as per the pack) you can add it to mixture.
- Leave it aside for 5 minutes.
- Once the gelatin raises and forms a jelly-like mass, add it to the creamy mixture.
- Switch on the heat,simmer and dissolve gelatin completely.
- Cool down for 5 minutes and pour it to glass bowls or cups of your choice.
- Refrigerate after 30 minutes.Set it overnight or for 8 hours for perfect texture
- Add cocoa powder,milk powder,sugar and some water to make it a paste.
- In a microwave oven, heat it for 1 minute or till the raw flavour just goes.
- Your chocolate syrup is done.
Sweetened Orange peel
- Peel the skin of an orange with a peeler. Slice it as thin as possible lengthwise.
- Add it to boiling water and boil it at least 3 times for 20 minutes, replacing the water every time.
- The last time, add some salt in the water and boil them.
- Once the bitterness is gone, drain the water from peels.
- Now in the same pan, add 1/4 cup sugar, an equal amount of water and boil.
- Once it starts to thicken, simmer the heat, add the orange peel and give a quick stir.
- Stir it for 2-3 minutes and cool down.
You can now pour the chocolate sauce, sweetened orange peels(drain if it is bit watery) on the sides and relish the Panna cotta.
- Adjust sugar level as per your taste depending on the topping you have planned for. I have used bitter elements as topping as this is more sweeter.
- Use a spoon back to suppress the bubbles formed while transferring the cream mixture to the bowls. Else this will form holes after it's set.
- You can either demould it to a plate or have it in the same cup you have set the panna cotta.
- If you plan to demould it, use a glass bowl for setting it in fridge.
- Place the chilled panna cotta bowls on a plate of hot water for 1-2 minutes to loosen up.
- You can have any combination of fruits of your wish as sides.
- Note: Gelatin is actually not considered to be vegetarian as we cannot rely on which animal by- product it was made from. You can use an equal amount of China grass/agar agar instead.