- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- November 9, 2015
Yellow pumpkin is one of the best ingredients for soup because of its flavour and health benefits. This soup is simple and have a subtle taste to relish at any part of meal course.
- Add butter and 1 tspn of oil in a skillet.
- Saute garlic cloves,onion and pumpkin pieces with needed salt.
- Once pumpkin starts turning very light brown, remove it from heat and cool down.
- Meanwhile, add 2 cups of water and boil potato pieces,sprouted double beans with salt.
- Make a puree of the pumpkin-garlic mixture.
- Once the potato is boiled completely, remove potatoes and retain the stock with beans.
- You can add the boiled potatoes and blend with pumpkin puree.
- Mix the puree with stock and heat the soup in simmer.
- Add coriander powder, pepper powder and adjust salt.
- Stir until it reduces to a creamy soup. Add coriander leaves for garnish.
- You can also add a teaspoon of fresh cream at the end. It will not be needed as pumpkin and butter itself will end up creamy.
The soup goes well with some garlic bread pieces.
- Yellow pumpkin helps in weight loss and loaded with vitamins.
- Double beans gives a buttery taste and can be sprouted within 2 days with enough moisture. You can also try it with butter beans.