- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- June 5, 2016
Soursop fruit, also called Graviola is very healthy and used in herbal treatments. The taste is similar to that of custard apple(sitaphal) and has a strong flavour like Guava. It is also said to fight Cancer but basically this helps improving immunity. A milkshake with this fruit is very easy and interesting one.
- Wash Soursop fruit well. Peel the skin of the fruit with fingers.
- If you could not, then the fruit is not ripe. You can check it by pressing the outer skin and check if it goes in a bit, it should be softer.
- Take the pulp with hands/spoon and remove the seeds.
- Half of the fruit is enough for 2 glasses of milkshake.
- Blend the pulp with 1 cup of water to a smooth paste.
- Add 1 cup of milk, sugar as per taste and sweetness of fruit (approximately 2-3 spoons).
- Add 1/2 tspn of vanilla essence, 1 inch crushed ginger and 1/2 tspn cinnamon powder.
- Grind once more to mix all ingredients well.
- Strain it with a much porated filter just to remove ginger.
Serve it chilled. For quicker version, add chilled milk directly.
- You can use nutmeg instead of cinnamon powder. Vanilla extract can be added instead of vanilla essence.