- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- September 21, 2016
Stuffed roti is a simple mixed vegetable paratha as smaller pieces. It does not need a complicated side dish and an Indianized red capsicum dip is enough. Red capsicum is otherwise mentioned as red bell pepper. This dish can be a snack or main dish based on the numbers and kids will relish it a lot.
For the stuffing:
- Boil peeled potato,carrot pieces and green peas with just enough water and salt.
- After 3-4 whistles in pressure cooker, cool them down.
- Drain the vegetables and smash it completely. Pat it dry for sometime.
- Add salt and red chilli powder to the smashed vegetables.
- You can also add coriander powder or garam masala for extra taste.
- Add 3 cups of wheat flour, enough water,2 tspn salt and few drops of oil to a smooth dough.
- Leave it closed for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a medium size circle.
- Add the stuffing for half side of the roti. Close it with other half safely. |)
- You can close it tightly with water at the edges.
- Add few drop of oil in tawa and place this roti.
- Flip it after 2 minutes. It can be slightly brown and stiff.
- If you use more oil, it will become soggy. So use less oil possibly.
- After it is done, remove from the tawa and cut into smaller pieces as given in the picture.
Red bell pepper(capsicum) dip:
- Add 2 red capsicums into smaller pieces.
- Add 2 tspn of olive oil in tawa.
- Add 4 garlic pieces and red capsicum pieces in the tawa and simmer.
- Toss them until it get softened and slightly brown.
- Cool it down completely.
- Grind them into a smooth paste along with salt,1 tspn mixed herbs and chilli flakes.
- After transferring to serving bowl, add 1 tblspn of curd for a creamy consistency.
- Adding sour cream or cheese will be so much authentic but I wanted to avoid them and use an easily available ingredient.
This will be a fulfilling spicy, healthy evening snack or can be a dinner.
- Lemon juice can be added for red capsicum dip to get extra punch.
- You can add any vegetable which the kids hesitate to eat.
- The stuffing should be very dry so as not to come out of the roti bits. It should be rollable without being sticky, as shown in the picture.