- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- June 25, 2018
This is a vegan smoothie that is so nutritious and energy booster. A good quantity of it is as heavy as a breakfast or fulfilling snack for kids. It has goodness of dried apricots,cashew and almonds. As there is no milk addition, this helps in better iron absorption from dry fruits. Apricot also has ample Vitamin A and good for improving vision.It helps in weight gain of kids.
- Soak 5 dried apricots, 4-5 cashews, 3 almonds in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Peel the skin of almonds.
- Grind cashew and almond very smoothly and add 1/2 cup of water to make the vegan milk.
- Now add softened apricots and grind smoothly.
- Adjust water as per the quantity needed.
- This can be consumed with natural sweetness.
This gives around one medium glass. Add sugar/brown sugar or honey if you need extra sweetness.
- You can also add palm sugar for sweetness. Dates and figs can also be combined for a complete dry fruit vegan shake.
- This is good for toddlers and school going kids whereas for babies less than a year, half of this quantity is itself so fulfilling as a snack.