- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- March 28, 2018
This is a refreshing clear soup made so quick and can be given even for babies and toddlers without any additives. With mild Thai flavour and easily available ingredients, this is a good starter and comfort food.
- In a pressure cooker, add 1/2 cup of finely chopped potato,1/2 cup chopped carrots and vegetables of your choice in a pan.
- Crush ginger and 3-5 garlic cloves.
- Add required salt. I added rock salt for my toddler.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook for 4 whistles on high.
- After pressure settles, add Pad Thai rice noodles into the broth and cook for 5-10 minutes according to the consistency needed depending on baby,toddler or adult.
- Switch off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice from half lemon.
Serve warm and do not reheat after adding lemon juice.
- Consider adding veggies such as peas,beans,cauliflower,cabbage,mushroom,spring onion,onions,tofu,broccoli.
- For babies below one year , you can avoid the bit of salt too. Lime juice flavour should be enough.
- Adjust water and lime juice as needed when you increase vegetables or the noodles.
- For a thicker consistency, you can even mash or blend part of vegetables when serving.