- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 9 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- August 7, 2020
Whole wheat nuts Rose cookies is a healthy and quick snack especially can become a favourite for kids. With the flavour of rose, goodness of nuts and milk, this is an eggless cookies /biscuits that can be done in minutes. Since there is no use of any white flour or white sugar, it can be a guilt free snack for adults too and safe for kids (not so suitable for babies less than a year).It is a crunchier version of Rose milk or rose kheer.
This is a convection oven recipe but that can be adapted for stovetop too.
- Take 1/4 cup of room temperature butter . It need not be so soft. Add 2 tblspn of brown sugar/country sugar/jaggery powder to it and beat well with hand beater. It should mix well and turn creamy.
- Sieve 1/2 of whole wheat flour into it. Add 6-7 drops of rose essence. I added rose essence which had pink colour by itself. If you use colourless one, you can probably add 2 drops of pink colour to the dough but that is optional.
- Add 1.5 tblspn of mixed nuts powder made with pista,almond and cashew or whichever is available. Add cardamom powder from 1 cardamom.
- Add 1/4 tspn of baking powder, pinch of baking soda(optional) to it and knead into cookie dough.
- You can add 1 tblspn of milk powder for extra taste. Use 1 tblspn of milk (maximum 2 tblspn) if needed for getting proper dough. It should not be rubbery, should be stiff dough.
- Refrigerate it covered or at least rest for 5-10 min. Preheat oven in convection mode at 180 deg C for 5 min.
- Roll the dough smaller cookies not so thin, decorate it with chopped cashewnuts or almonds if needed.
- You can arrange parchment paper on baking tray applied with melted butter or oil. If not, you can slightly apply melted butter and dust the tray with bit of flour. Even if thats not possible it can be directly placed but just that there will be some visible browning of cookies’ bottom.
- Bake for 10-12 min until the bottom is slightly browned. Easy way to check if its done is to put it in a plate to hear a cracking sound. Do not overbake till its so hard.
- Cool the cookies and store it in air tight container.
9-10 cookies can be made with this. It can stay afresh upto 3-4 days but I am sure, it will be finished well before that.
- You can alternatively use beetroot juice drops too for the pink colour.
- Rose milk syrup can be replaced in place of rose essence but the sugar and milk is to be adjusted accordingly.
- You can double the recipe for 1 cup flour making a bigger batch. Usage of essence/colour however is up to your preference.