- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Main course
- Posted on
- January 5, 2016
Vegetable Atho- Burmese style noodles is a healthy alternative to the modern noodles which prove to be harmful for regular intake. No use of external sauce or very spicy elements make this good for kids too. You can add how many veggies you want, I used only carrot and cabbage here.
- Thinly shred cabbage and carrot so that they do not need cooking time.
- Add 3 tspn oil and thinly sliced onion in a pan. Keep it till it turns brownish but not burnt.
- Remove it without oil and let it cool down in a dry place.
- In the same pan, add garlic cloves and keep it till it turns light brown. Preserve this oil.
- Make roasted gram(pottukadalai) flour. You can use 2-3 spoons of the flour.
- Meanwhile, boil water with orange red kesari powder and salt. Add noodles of approximately one pack. The pack which I used had 2 small blocks of noodles.
- Keep it until it is just done and drain. Wash in cold water, add few tspns oil to avoid sticking.
- Once it dries up, in a pan add the preserved oil (in which onions and garlic are fried),add few more spoons as needed,2-3 tspn red chilli powder,2 tspn cumin powder, a pinch turmeric powder,salt.
- Toss in all vegetables – onion,garlic,cabbage,carrot,roasted gram flour,noodles.
- Add coriander leaves and toss it for 1 minute and remove from heat. Add lime juice finally to serve.
You can have this along with ketchup, any spicy sauce,crispy fries also.
- You can increase kesari powder amount for a darker colour