- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- April 9, 2019
Cream of pumpkin,carrot,broccoli soup made with orange vegetables-Pumpkin,carrot and nutrients loaded broccoli is very rich in Vitamin A, refreshing,sweet and completely vegan. This is light for tummy and very healthy to opt especially during summer. I have abbreviated this as PBC soup.Ingredients like pumpkin and broccoli might not be liked as an individual soup by many , hence the taste is masked by cream or milk. This recipe uses none of these and gives a taste twist with coconut milk.
- Cut pumpkin into smaller pieces,broccoli as smaller florets,carrot into medium size pieces.
- Generous handful of all these vegetables,3-4 cashewnuts can be loaded in a 2L pressure cooker with 1 tspn of salt, 1 smaller cup of water just to 1/4th of the total loaded level in the cooker.
- You can make larger amounts if you use a larger pressure cooker.
- Keep it on high flame and flash cook it for 3 whistles. Release the pressure and cool it.
- Blend it well. Add 1 cup of thick coconut milk,1 cup of water/coconut water/thin coconut milk to it.
- Keep in a vessel and heat it on low flame for 3-5 minutes. Adjust salt, pepper as per taste. You would need at least 2-3 tspn of pepper powder.
- Cashew and coconut milk gives a naturally creamy texture for the soup.
- Garnish with coriander leaves/cilantro/parsley/spring onions.
Serve the soup hot with some crunchy spicy sides.
- You can add garlic, onions for enhanced taste while cooking in pressure cooker.
- You can also use the cooker ingredients alone,blend and add salt/pepper making it a OPOS(one pot one shot) soup.