- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- July 6, 2016
Sago kheer is one of my favourites for that chewy bubbles. With the goodness and punch of muskmelon, this payasam becomes more special.
- Add 2 spoons of ghee and add 1.5 cups of Sago. I used bigger sized ones.
- Simmer and stir until all of them turns bright white and pops a little.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and allow it to cook.
- Keep adding up to 3-4 cups of water little by little until the sago is just done.
- You can press a sago and check if the white part turned softer and transparent to maximum extent.
- Sometimes,sago retains whiteness in middle still be done. So just check with fingers.
- Meanwhile,grind muskmelon along with 1 tblspn of palm sugar.
- Mix this pulp to the cooked sago. Add 250 ml of milk and mix well.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Add required sugar as per taste. At least 5 spoons will be needed.
- Add balance milk and 2 spoons of condensed milk.
- Add cardamom powder, roasted cashews,almonds and raisins.
Yummy musk melon sago payasam is ready. Serve hot or chilled.
- Sago can easily turn mushy when overcooked. It will turn into a porridge with more starch release. Need to take care until it is just done and quicken the cooking process after that.