- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Main course
- Posted on
- December 9, 2018
This restaurant-style gravy has a Punjabi sauce with soya chunks. Made with minimal ingredients, this can be a lip-smacking side dish for rotis,parathas or Jeera rice. It follows One Pot One shot method with some initial preparations.
- Add 1/2 cup water with 2 ripen big tomatoes,1 onion and 1 tspn salt in a pressure cooker.
- Cook in high flame for 3 whistles. Cool it and grind into a smooth paste.
- Add garam masala,chole masala,chilli powder,cumin powder each 1 tblspn in tomato gravy.
- Meanwhile, boil 10-12 soya chunks with 1 tspn salt till it is soft for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cool it down with normal water and squeeze water from soya chunks.
- In pressure cooker, add a layer of 1 tblspn oil,1 cup of water.
- Add 1-2 inch of cinnamon stick, 1 tspn fennel, 1 tblspn ginger garlic paste, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp cardamom powder in it.
- Add chopped onions from 1 onion,soya chunks as layer 2.
- Add the spiced tomato gravy, needed extra salt, 1 tblspn kasuri methi as next layer.
- Close the cooker and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure settle and combine the gravy. Keep it in simmer till you get required thickness if needed.
Serve warm after garnishing with coriander leaves.
- You can increase or decrease the hotness as per your taste.