- Preparation time
- 3 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- February 19, 2021
Smoked bell pepper/ mixed capsicum chutney is an easy dip made with minimal ingredients and gives a barbeque flavour. It is a healthy chutney that goes well with dosa,idli,roti,sandwiches,burgers,mexican wraps,crisps and what not.
- Cut 1 red bellpepper and half green capcisum into bigger pieces like we make it for gravies and starters.
- There are 2 ways to cook them. You can either smoke them first and then toss it in oil or cook it 3/4th and smoke it.
- I pressure baked capsicums for 1 whistle on high in a 2L pressure cooker or 130 deg for 3 minutes in induction stove. Immediately release pressure. I added 1 tblspn olive oil, 1.5 tblspn water and 4-5 garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt along with bell peppers to cook this way. Do not overcook or add too much water.
- You can steam or cook traditional way as well till it is just soft.
- After cooling them a bit, place bell peppers in phulka stand and smoke it both sides on high flame. You can char it just for 1-2 min.
- Do not place watery bell peppers. Drain water properly for smoking. Use that water while grinding chutney.
- Cool the capsicums and grind it with garlic, salt and dry red chillies-1 or 2 as per your spice levels. Adjust water preferably,make it a thick dip.
Serve it in room temperature or chilled as a dip.
- You can make this chutney fully with either red capsicums or green capsicums.
- You can add an onion too.
- Adding this chutney with cream cheese becomes a salad or sub sandwich dressing. You can store in airtight container for 2-3 days easily.