- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted on
- November 17, 2017
This is a simple salad recipe inspired by Mexican style of cooking. You can have it as a breakfast or a snack.Instead of having raw veggies with a dressing, this smoky salad will be an interesting treat.
- Chop one cup of baby corn lengthwise, onions and half the black olives.
- In a separate cup, add 1 tblspn of lemon juice,2 tspn of olive oil,1 tspn of salt,1 tspn of red chilli powder,1 tspn oregano powder and mix it well. You can also add a pinch of sugar.
- The above is the Salad dressing to be added finally.
- In a pan, keep the flame high and add 1 tspn of olive oil. Add 250 g of sweet corn pellets,chopped onions and toss it quickly for around 5 min.
- It gets burn at the middle with a smoky flavour. Remove it.
- Add 2-3 spn of olive oil and add baby corns. Toss it for 5-6 min until done and turns slight brown. The thinner the pieces are, the faster it cooks.
- Add leeks in a cup of hot water till its softened.
- Add them all together along with olives and the salad dressing.
The nutritious salad is ready to be served warm.
- For variation, you can add capsicum,peas,carrot,spring onions too.
- You can avoid leeks and baby corn to make it simple.
- Oregano powder can be replaced with dried oregano or mixed herbs. That can also be avoided as a whole but the fragrance is a pleasant addition.